Monday, June 6, 2011

MUSIC VERSE RELATIONSHIP

This week I decided to write about Music vs. Relationship because time after time I deal with these 2 things battling against each other.  I been doing music for a very long time and throughout my journey I sacrificed a lot in relationships, rather good or bad. I remember getting a contract from a known label owned by an artist not from New York. Now the issue I came across was that the contract, from jump was not a good look. It was similar to the contract G Dep signed.  During this time I valued my relationship 300% because I was truly in love……at least I thought.  I talked it over with my other half at the time and she was totally against signing that contract while my best friend was like “you got to get your foot in the door someway.”  I tried to renegotiate the contract a couple of times to make it more benefiticial to my career but at that time with no major buzz, i was unable too.  My ex’s biggest argument was that if I did sign the contract I wouldn’t be around to see my child grow.  With all the love I had in my heart for her I decided not to sign the contract.

Boy I made a huge mistake lol, every now and again I think about it but always realize that things happen for a reason.  I came across another contract from an indie label without saying much about it; I didn’t need a lawyer to tell me they were looking to jerk me with a page missing out of the contract.  I was told it was a basic contract, WTH is a basic contract?  Oh I get it a basic I’m a jerk you and place you on the shelf contract. 

Now that I’m not with this female anymore every time we speak about music  she would say something stupid out of her mouth like “she would have still rode the ride with me,” smh really, years later you say this.  If I would have had an ounce of belief in that contract inside of over filled with love I would have been so far up the ladder of success people.

Funny thing about it is that my mother use to say, “I told you to dead her ass and move on,” I just laugh it off knowing that she is and always has been right. 

I won’t let another deal pass me by because of a relationship nor will I wait for a chick to tell me if she will ride or slide.  Music is my first love and I’m at a different place with love in my heart. It’s not enough love to make me miss out on anything that may seem profitable or to create growth.  My tunnel vision is serious, so serious that I won’t allow anyone to place me in a Music vs. Relationship situation.  Before you would even get to the 3rd word I would have said BOUNCE NINJA, it was great while it lasted or something of that nature.

The moral to the story is that whatever you dream of becoming, dream BIG and follow it through, you never know the outcome may be if you took the risk.  The only thing that you will know is that if you didn’t take the risk, you may have lost out BIG!

EMF BLACK

Feel free to check out the links below to stay updated on my journey in the music world.



                                                                                   
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment